There’s nothing like being forced to rest when you’re sick to remind you of a few never-ending lessons:
- Dark chocolate is ALWAYS comforting. Particularly in large amounts.
- I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, invincible. Damn.
- That thing you do when your eyes close at night – sleeping – really is essential for sanity.
- It’s good to celebrate the little things. Lots of them. Often. Like cookies.
- Priorities. Enough said.
- Poetry, music and movies are also medicine (not the kind that make you cough-sob, yes I just made that word).
- There isn’t an answer for everything. And that’s fine.
- It could be worse. Thank God it’s not!
- This too shall pass. (That’s what my mom always says. Annoying, but true.)
- Have a laugh, a bath, a good pillow and comfy pjs.
- Borrow a few of your friends’ spoons if possible!
What works for you? Do tell!